Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It Could Be Worse


Pictured: Spider bite. Yuck!
It could be worse.

I have really bad dreams. Last night I had another session of "Murdering Dreams" as I tend to call them. The worst part about it is that it won't just happen once, but they'll repeat over and over again until a different dream starts and then it repeats over and over again.

So I watched my mother get murdered several dozen times last night. Then [luckily?] it switched to the next dream. This one was an oldie - some guy, not sure who he's supposed to be in real life but he was known to me in the dream, and he was hiking up this trail when a hooded person comes from behind. They get in this struggle where he actually ends up stabbing himself with a pair of scissors twice before the hooded figure takes out his own scissors and "helps" him. It always happens that way and I'm not sure why. [Anyone a dream interpreter?]

After that dream faded away, a woman whose face I never saw was dragged into a closet in her house by the same hooded figure.

So while my dreams were far from pleasant, I woke up grateful that my mother was not murdered last night.

This is why I believe bad things in the world need to happen. You forget what's really going for you if you don't have a bad day [or night] every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment