Monday, August 3, 2009

Frustration Pt. II

Lawyers.

This one isn't quite what you're thinking. I'm referring to my lawyer boyfriend, Alexander. Now, he's not quite a lawyer, but he sure has the argumentative part of it down pat. GAHH it is sooo annoying that we can be having a nice conversation and he'll just challenge something I said to the point that he is basically calling me a liar. I hate being called a liar. If I am telling some funny, dramatic story, on occasion I'll drag the truth a bit (who doesn't?) and if Alexander pinpoints some false statement, he'll just nag and nag and nag at it. Now, I'll admit and fix my story if I did exaggerate but the thing is, Alex ends up killing any interest of mine to actually finish it.

The same sort of thing occurs when I begin a story. If it's more than a minute long, he ends up cutting me off to tell some story of his. If I was the stereotpical female where I just talked and talked and talked 'til my head fell off, then I don't think that would be to terrible that he cuts some of my stories short but the fact of the matter is that I am a very reserved (not shy) person and it is rare when I turn into a chatterbox. Majority of the time, I won't say anything at all, especially if I am hurt, bothered, etc. I have spent a very long time containing all my emotions so that they are very well bottled inside. So it may not come as a big surprise to anyone that my strongest emotion is usually anger. My inability to express my emotions vocally is part of the reason I decided to kickstart this bad boy again. I've been through the whole "coping mechanisms" and although I think some of that stuff is a load of caca, I do know that personally, writing always helps me relax even the tiniest bit.

So there you go. Birthdays=lame Lawyers=lamer.

Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with Alexander and am glad he is in my life, but every once in awhile I could do without the attitude. I don't even think he's aware of it most the time. We were cuddling on my bed when he had to start another one of those "no, you're wrong" arguments and I rolled away from him to show how bothered I really was by his stupid arguing and he said "okay, well I gotta run anyways" and gets up, then asks me to get up and hug him. Ha. Then he looks all butt-hurt because I won't hug him. No, get out of my house. Then he wants me to call him before I go to sleep. Well Sweetie, if you didn't have to argue with me all the time, you could have slept at my house.

Thank god everyone only gets one birthday a year. I wish Alex could only argue with me one day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment